Team News: Leyton Orient vs Havant & Waterlooville
- Credit: Archant
Joe Widdowson will serve the second match of his three game ban
Leyton Orient will continue to be without left-back Joe Widdowson when Havant & Waterlooville visit in the National League today.
The experienced defender was sent off during the 0-0 draw with Hartlepool United on October 13 and missed the 2-0 loss at Maidstone United in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup last weekend.
Widdowson had been an ever-present before his red card and without him in Kent, O’s boss Justin Edinburgh tried a 5-3-2 formation with James Brophy playing as a wing-back on the left side.
It is hard to say if the move was a success or not given Orient changed shape early in the second period, but it seems likely they will revert back to their usual formation of a 4-4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Given Myles Judd’s form, he should remain as right-back and Edinburgh will have to decide whether he plays Sam Ling out of position on the left side of defence or if he looks to play one of Brophy, Dan Happe or George Elokobi there.
Aside from left-back, the rest of the positions essentially pick themselves and talented teenager Josh Koroma should partner Macauley Bonne up front today.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
The duo formed a lethal partnership during the first two months of the season, but an injury to Koroma saw James Alabi get a chance.
While Alabi netted in the win at Maidenhead United, Bonne seems to flourish more with Koroma and it would be a surprise if the usual starting attacking pair did not renew acquaintances again up front this afternoon.