Team News: Leyton Orient vs Maidenhead United
- Credit: Archant
Jay Simpson set to make second debut for O’s and 100th appearance for the club
Jay Simpson is expected to play some part of Leyton Orient’s National League clash with Maidenhead United this afternoon.
The 30-year-old completed a return to the club on Tuesday, signing a deal until the end of the season.
Simpson was largely a big hit in his previous spell, scoring 36 goals in 99 appearances and should reach a milestone today.
While many will hope to see the former Arsenal trainee included from the off, head coach Justin Edinburgh made decide to select him on the bench first of all.
You may also want to watch:
The last competitive appearance Simpson made was on October 28 for Philadelphia Union in the MLS while he hasn’t started a match for almost five months.
If he does begin among the replacements, it will be another opportunity for Macauley Bonne and Matt Harrold up top.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
Elsewhere, Jordan Maguire-Drew should be available after a calf problem and full-back Sam Ling is back in contention now.
It leaves boss Edinburgh with a decision to make over the starting positions on the right side of the team.
Orient will remain without Marvin Ekpiteta (ankle), Josh Coulson, James Dayton and Josh Koroma (all hamstring) though, but the foursome are making good progress from their respective injuries.