Team News: Leyton Orient v Northampton Town
- Credit: Archant
After impressive display at Pompey, O’s might stick with same side for Cobblers clash
Leyton Orient player-manager Kevin Nolan could name an unchanged team for the visit of League Two leaders Northampton Town.
The O’s achieved a fine victory at Portsmouth last weekend with Jobi McAnuff scoring the only goal of the game on the south coast.
Orient’s boss played 70 minutes and is expected to start again with Jack Payne and Sammy Moore continuing just behind him.
New defensive recruits Nicky Hunt and Shaun Brisley impressed last weekend and both should start again with the latter up against his old club.
You may also want to watch:
Brisley spent around six weeks with the Cobblers earlier in the campaign and played 10 times before suffering an injury.
Jay Simpson should lead the line against for the east Londoners, but they could make changes to their substitute’s bench.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
Nigel Atangana didn’t feature at Fratton Park due to a “gentlemen’s agreement” between the two sides, but he can be selected again now.
Young goalkeeper Sam Sargeant was among the replacements last weekend, but Charlie Grainger is available after overcoming a wrist injury.
Orient continue to be without Dean Cox and Paul McCallum due to knee ligament injuries while Lloyd James isn’t back from an achilles problem either.
McCallum suffered his injury in the previous meeting with Northampton at Sixfields Stadium.
He was stretchered off during that fixture back in September, but is making good progress with his recovery.