Team News: Leyton Orient v Notts County
- Credit: Archant
Talented 19-year-old goalkeeper all set for home debut for the club
Leyton Orient goalkeeper Charlie Grainger is expected to make his home debut today (Saturday) when Notts County visit Brisbane Road.
First choice Alex Cisak is set to link up with the Australian national team at some point this weekend and should therefore miss this fixture with the Magpies.
So Grainger, who deputised in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy clash at Luton and the 4-0 reverse in League Two at Exeter City, will take over the number one duties this afternoon with Sam Sargeant on the substitute’s bench.
Adam Chicksen could also make his second debut for the O’s after joining on-loan from Brighton & Hove Albion. The left-back’s move back to Brisbane Road, after a previous spell in 2012, was confirmed yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
He should replace Frazer Shaw in the Orient back four, but they will most likely be unchanged elsewhere for the clash against County despite losing 2-1 on Tuesday night to Carlisle United.
Jay Simpson and Ollie Palmer will start again up front and hope to find the net this time after going close in recent matches against Northampton Town and Carlisle.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
Ian Hendon’s side will be looking to register a first victory since August 29, when they defeated Bristol Rovers 2-0 at home.