Team News: Leyton Orient v Portsmouth
- Credit: Archant
Jack Payne out but is set to return quicker than first expected
Leyton Orient received a boost this week with the news that midfielder Jack Payne should be back to full fitness quickly in the New Year.
The 24-year-old was stretchered off against Yeovil Town and although he is out of today’s clash with Portsmouth, he could potentially return for the trip to Bristol Rovers on Monday (December 28).
Payne suffered a shin injury last Saturday, but scans revealed he won’t be out of the O’s team for too long.
In his absence the role of Lloyd James becomes even greater and although he has been struggling with an ankle injury, he is set to be available for the visit of Pompey.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Clohessy missed last weekend through illness, but should return – John Marquis is struggling again though due to a knee problem.
Blair Turgott has had a hamstring injury this week and his position in the team could be taken by Jobi McAnuff.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
The Jamaican international was rested against Yeovil, but come off the bench to score a stunning equaliser.
His display should be enough to earn him a start against Portsmouth as Orient seek a first win since November 21 when they beat York City 3-2.
They have drawn their past four league matches since that victory.