Team News: Leyton Orient v Scunthorpe United
- Credit: Archant
The O’s are without John Marquis and Cole Kpekawa for second round FA Cup tie
Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon has a number of selection issues ahead of the visit of Scunthorpe United today (Saturday).
QPR defender Cole Kpekawa isn’t available due to the terms of his loan while Millwall forward John Marquis is suspended after getting sent off against AFC Wimbledon last weekend.
It leaves the O’s short in the attacking department for their FA Cup secound round tie and it seems Scott Kashket could earn a start against the Iron.
Captain Mathieu Baudry will return to the starting team after coming off the bench against the Dons last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Young goalkeeper Charlie Grainger is back fit after suffering with appendicitis and could take a place between the sticks at Brisbane Road.
Meanwhile Lloyd James may be involved from the off as Orient’s boss looks to manage his squad.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
Connor Essam remains out with an ankle problem while Paul McCallum and Dean Cox have both suffered cruciate ligament damage over the past months.
They are expected to miss the majority of the campaign as the injury concerns pile up for boss Hendon.
Nevertheless, the O’s will be determined to reach the third round of the competition for the first time since the 2013/14 season.