Team News: Leyton Orient v Wycombe Wanderers
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Orient fans can expect to see Dean Cox back in the starting team
Dean Cox is set to return to the Leyton Orient starting team for the visit of Wycombe Wanderers today (Saturday).
The 28-year-old has enjoyed a stellar start to the campaign scoring twice and setting up five of the O’s goals in all competitions.
It was that form that enabled him to win the Sky Bet League Two player of the month award for August and his return will be a huge boost for Ian Hendon’s side.
He was left on the bench at Cambridge United last weekend because he wasn’t 100 per cent fit, but after resuming training again on Tuesday he will be expected to line up for the Brisbane Road club.
You may also want to watch:
It leaves Hendon with a decision to make over who misses out in midfield between Sammy Moore, Bradley Pritchard, Jack Payne or Lloyd James.
But what does seem likely is that Paul McCallum and Jay Simpson will lead the line again with Ollie Palmer being restricted to an impact role on the substitutes bench.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
Orient captain Mathieu Baudry, despite a bruising encounter against Cambridge United last weekend, will also be fine to skipper the side.