Team News: Leyton Orient vs Accrington Stanley
- Credit: Archant
Gavin Massey available again for O’s after serving suspension at Doncaster Rovers on November 26
Andy Edwards and Leyton Orient have had two weeks to prepare for today’s crucial League Two fixture with Accrington Stanley at Brisbane Road.
The O’s will welcome Gavin Massey back into the squad after he missed the 3-1 defeat at Doncaster Rovers on November 26 due to suspension.
Nicky Hunt failed a late fitness test with an ankle problem and it remains to be seen whether he will be available this afternoon.
If the experienced defender isn’t 100 per cent, Myles Judd could continue at right-back after impressing last month.
You may also want to watch:
Yvan Erichot is unlikely to feature when Stanley visit due to a groin issue, which has troubled him since November 19.
Orient have several long-term absentees like Harry Cornick and Liam Kelly, who have both had surgery in recent months.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Teddy Mezague is making good progress from his Achilles injury, though won’t be involved today.
Edwards has a number of selection dilemmas ahead of facing Accrington – just two places ahead of O’s in the table and three points better off.
Orient will be looking to win for the first time under the 45-year-old and end their horror run at Brisbane Road.
The east Londoners have lost their last eight games there and haven’t claimed success since August 30 when they beat Stevenage 3-0 in the EFL Trophy.