Team News: Leyton Orient vs Barrow in the National League
- Credit: Archant
The O’s will be without Matt Harrold for the visit of the struggling Bluebirds
Leyton Orient will be without Matt Harrold for today’s clash with Barrow and the big forward is set to miss the rest of the season through injury.
The ex-Crawley Town striker suffered a hamstring problem during the 3-0 win at home to Woking on March 24 and the initial diagnosis means the 33-year-old is not likely to play again during the current campaign.
O’s boss Justin Edinburgh has plenty of other options to choose from in attack and will need to make a decision over who partners Macauley Bonne up front.
Dan Holman impressed in Orient’s last home game – the victory over Woking – but David Mooney netted in the 3-1 success at Guiseley on Good Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Given the encouraging signs in the Bonne and Holman partnership, the Cheltenham Town loanee can expect to retain his place in the starting XI this afternoon.
Orient did receive some good news on the injury front this week after the club confirmed first-team captain Charlie Lee had returned to full training.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
Although the former Stevenage midfielder is edging closer to a first-team return, it is understood the club may decide not to use him in the final few games of the campaign and instead get him to focus on coming back raring to go for pre-season.