Team News: Leyton Orient vs Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
The O’s looking for a first home victory since August
Leyton Orient manager Alberto Cavasin could stick with the same team which beat Colchester United 3-0 last weekend for the visit of Blackpool today (Saturday).
The O’s lined up in a diamond formation and it worked well – allowing Jay Simpson to open his account for the campaign.
Simpson should lead the line again for the east Londoners and most likely will be partnered by Ollie Palmer.
Jens Janse wasn’t involved at Colchester due to a dislocated shoulder while Jordan Bowery was understood to have been dropped – both may remain out of the squad again.
You may also want to watch:
Zan Benedicic, after his poor showing at Brighton & Hove Albion, was another not to be included last Saturday.
The Slovenian under-21 international has made just two appearances since signing for O’s and isn’t likely to be included this afternoon.
- 1 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 4 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 5 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Youngsters Sam Sargeant, Aron Pollock and Sandro Semedo are set to remain among the replacements.
Victor Adeboyejo will hope to have done enough in training this week to keep his position on the bench, although Ulrich Nnomo is nearing a return after suffering an ankle problem last month.
Blackpool will include Armand Gnanduillet and Jack Payne in their match day squad with the latter expected to start.