Team News: Leyton Orient vs Crewe Alexandra
- Credit: Archant
Last season’s top goalscorer Jay Simpson is a doubt for the visit of Railwaymen
Leyton Orient boss Alberto Cavasin has a number of injury concerns ahead of today’s League Two encounter with Crewe Alexandra.
The O’s won 3-1 at Hartlepool United last weekend without Jay Simpson, Paul McCallum, Yvan Erichot and Aron Pollock.
All four were unavailable due to injury, although Cavasin hoped the foursome would all be available for the visit of the Railwaymen.
But they all remain doubts and may miss out like Sandro Semedo, who suffered a “big hit” according to his Italian manager at Victoria Park last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Orient will hope new signing Michael Collins is available, although his move is subject to international clearance.
Cavasin named a number of youngsters on the bench at Hartlepool and could be forced to keep a couple of them among the replacements this afternoon.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Ollie Palmer will hope to lead the line again for the east Londoners and continue his fine goalscoring form.
The ex-Mansfield Town forward has scored three times in his last two games and dedicated all of his strikes to his cousin Frankie, who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Chris Dagnall should be up top for Crewe and will come up against his old club, although the playing personnel has changed dramatically since his departure in the summer of 2015.