Team News: Leyton Orient vs Fulham
- Credit: Archant
O’s will make changes for the visit of Fulham with Tom Parkes out after dislocating his shoulder at Cheltenham Town
Leyton Orient will be without Tom Parkes for tonight’s English Football League Cup clash with Fulham.
The Championship outfit make the short trip to Brisbane Road for an intriguing first round tie.
Andy Hessenthaler won’t have the former Bristol Rovers captain available, though, after he dislocated his shoulder during the 1-1 draw at Cheltenham Town on Saturday.
Nicky Hunt replaced Parkes at Whaddon Road while Aron Pollock was also present at the ground, but not included in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected Hunt, Pollock and Yvan Erichot are all vying for two positions at the heart of defence against the Whites.
Callum Kennedy is available again and may take over at left-back with Sandro Semedo potentially being pushed further up field.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Liam Kelly, who was struggling with illness last week, is set to start. The ex-Oldham Athletic captain looked assured during his short cameo against the Robins on Saturday.
Hessenthaler has also hinted that Dean Cox will be included from the off and in the process return to competitive football again.
Orient’s talisman and longest serving player in the current squad has featured in several friendlies this summer.
But Cox hasn’t played in a competitive fixture since scoring in the 6-1 success over Staines Town in the first round of the FA Cup on November 7.
After being an unused substitute at the weekend, the 28-year-old will be desperate to start and show he’s back to his best after a long road to recovery since suffering cruciate knee ligament damage.