Team News: Leyton Orient vs Guiseley
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Steve Davis could recall David Mooney today, but Charlie Lee remains on the sidelines for the foreseeable future
Steve Davis is set to make some changes to his Leyton Orient team ahead of the visit of Guiseley this afternoon.
The O’s were last in action on Bank Holiday Monday and earned an impressive 1-0 win at Maidenhead United despite playing in difficult conditions.
Josh Koroma and Rommy Boco started that fixture with Jobi McAnuff and David Mooney on the bench.
It is expected Mooney will replace Koroma in Orient’s starting XI, but Boco is likely to retain his spot on the left.
You may also want to watch:
Davis could name new striker Matt Harrold among the substitutes for the first time after signing the forward on Thursday.
The ex-Crawley Town favourite agreed a two-year deal with O’s on transfer deadline day and is likely to feature in the match day squad today.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Koroma may be the unfortunate man to miss out of the 16 or McAnuff could have to sit out this afternoon’s game.
One player definitely not involved is first-team captain Charlie Lee who has picked up a serious knee injury.
The former Stevenage favourite is understood to have suffered suspected cruciate ligament damage last week.
Also unavailable for O’s today are Aron Pollock and Christian Scales, as they remain on loan at Wealdstone and Harlow Town respectively.
Meanwhile, Tristan Abrahams’ loan spell from Norwich City has been terminated by mutual consent.
The 18-year-old joined the Canaries on July 31 for an undisclosed fee after catching the eye of the Championship club.
Norwich immediately loaned Abrahams back to Orient for the rest of the season though, yet the forward was still able to represent their under-23 side.
And after a month where the O’s academy graduate has failed to play for the east Londoners, all parties have decided to end the loan spell.
City Sporting Director, Stuart Webber, spoke to the official club website, he said: “We spoke to Leyton Orient and said we felt it would be beneficial for Tristan to spend more time here.
“He wasn’t getting the game-time we’d originally planned at Orient. If he’d played for them at all, it would have limited the potential for loan moves in the future.
“That was another factor for us to consider. We didn’t want to harm his opportunities so decided to act quickly on the situation, and Leyton Orient were very good about it.”