Team News: Leyton Orient vs Halifax Town
- Credit: Archant
Former Swindon Town defender will make his full debut for O’s this evening
Jamie Sendles-White is set to make his full debut for Leyton Orient this evening when Halifax Town make the lengthy trip down to Brisbane Road.
The O’s will be without first-choice centre back George Elokobi and Josh Coulson after the pair sustained hamstring and groin injuries respectively at Boreham Wood on Saturday.
It means Sendles-White, a summer signing, will be handed his first Orient start in a competitive fixture tonight.
The former Swindon Town defender is set to line up alongside Michael Clark, one of several academy graduates in Steve Davis’ squad.
You may also want to watch:
Clark is yet to feature for O’s this season, but has played alongside Sendles-White in a couple of reserve games of late.
Aron Pollock would have been battling with the duo for a place in the starting XI had he not joined Wealdstone on loan last month.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 3 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
Despite the Stones surprisingly cancelling the 19-year-old’s loan at the beginning of September, he is unable to represent Orient until after this weekend.
A clause in non-league loan deals means the parent club are unable to recall the player they have sent out on loan until 28 days after the start of the loan spell.
Therefore despite Wealdstone sending Pollock back to Orient, he can’t play for them until after September 18, much to the frustration of Steve Davis.
Clark and Sendles-White will almost certainly feature this evening and Dan Happe may be on the bench as a back-up option.
James Dayton also came off with a tight hamstring on Saturday, but Davis will hope he is fit to start against the Shaymen.
Alex Lawless can expect to return as well this evening with Henry Ochieng likely to drop to the bench after a tough afternoon at Boreham Wood
Tonight will not be easy for Orient, however, with Halifax adjusting brilliantly to life in the top flight of non-league football since promotion.
Billy Heath’s side have lost twice at home – 2-0 to Aldershot Town and 2-1 to Dover Athletic – this season, but been rock solid on the road.
Halifax have played out goalless draws at Barrow, Chester and Gateshead, while claimed a 1-0 victory at Solihull Moors last month.
Orient will have to be patient against a side, which last conceded on their travels on May 3 at Salford City in the semi-finals of the National League North play-offs.
The Shaymen have not lost on the road since March 7 (1-0 at Alfreton Town), which is a run of 11 competitive away matches without a defeat.
It will be difficult for O’s up against the sixth-placed side, but if they are serious about going up this season then this is the type of game they need to win.