Team News: Leyton Orient vs Maidstone United
- Credit: Archant
The O’s and Stones are equals now, but three years ago things were very different
Leyton Orient will hope to register a second National League win of the season today (Saturday) when they entertain Maidstone United.
The two clubs have been on contrasting journeys in recent seasons with Stones in the Isthmian Premier back in 2014/15 while O’s were in League One.
Now, three years later, they are both in the National League and despite the difference in history, they are equals.
Steve Davis will be aware Jay Saunders’ Maidstone could raise their game and especially after a mixed start to the current campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The Stones were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Maidenhead United on the opening day of the season before losing 2-0 at Ebbsfleet United on Tuesday.
For Orient, after a poor start at Sutton United, they bounced back with a dominant display against Solihull Moors.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
O’s victory on Tuesday could see Davis keep faith with the same starting XI for the third consecutive game.
The Orient head coach did hint some of his players picked up knocks against Moors, but will hope none of the issues are enough to force him to change things.
Despite Craig Clay impressing during his two appearances this season, he is set for another spot on the bench later today.