Team News: Leyton Orient vs Newport County
- Credit: Archant
O’s boss Andy Hessenthaler could keep Paul McCallum and Dean Cox on the bench again
Andy Hessenthaler has some crucial decisions to make ahead of Leyton Orient’s clash with Newport County this afternoon.
The O’s play their first League Two match of the season at Brisbane Road and will want to start with a victory.
Last weekend Tom Parkes dislocated his shoulder and could sit out today’s fixture with the Exiles.
If that’s the case, Yvan Erichot and Aron Pollock should start at the heart of the Orient defence.
You may also want to watch:
Callum Kennedy was only a substitute at Cheltenham Town, but after starting against Fulham, he should keep his left-back position.
Paul McCallum and Dean Cox made a huge impact on Tuesday and both are pushing to be included from the off.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
It is expected, however, that Hessenthaler will continue to handle both with care and keep them on the bench, although Cox is the more likely of the pair to start.
Ollie Palmer impressed at home to the Whites and Jordan Bowery should return for the clash at Brisbane Road.
Jay Simpson scored the only goal of the game the last time Newport played Orient in east London back on January 26.
The ex-Arsenal forward could again be watching from the sidelines with a move to Southend United still in the pipeline, but yet to be completed.