Team News: Leyton Orient vs Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
O’s captain Robbie Weir set to make first appearance in two weeks and will hope to show he is back to full fitness now
Leyton Orient are expecting to make various changes to their starting XI for the visit of Stevenage tonight in the English Football League Trophy.
The two League Two rivals do battle in Southern Group G and both have to field a minimum of five first teamers.
It is expected O’s boss Andy Hessenthaler will hand opportunities to most of the people he had on the bench at the weekend.
Sam Sargeant, who played in the English Football League Cup against Fulham, may feature again in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Callum Kennedy should be given a chance to stake a claim for left-back while Aron Pollock should come into the heart of defence.
Orient’s skipper Robbie Weir will hope to show he is fully over the illness that hit him hard at the start of the campaign.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
Both Paul McCallum and Jordan Bowery made impressions off the bench during the defeat to Mansfield on Saturday.
At least one of them will start, potentially both, but it remains to be seen whether Jay Simpson will return.
Stevenage only made the trip to Brisbane Road two weeks ago and suffered a 3-0 league defeat.
They’ll hope for better this evening and so will Orient after a poor display at home to Mansfield last weekend.