Team News: Maidenhead United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
James Brophy and Dale Gorman impressed off the bench last weekend
Leyton Orient visit Maidenhead United this afternoon seeking a return to winning ways in the National League and boss Justin Edinburgh must decide if he changes his team for the first time since August 18.
Since the 1-0 victory over Boreham Wood six weeks ago, the O’s have picked the same starting XI in every match.
It has clearly worked with Orient going on a superb unbeaten run, but last weekend they lost for the first time this season after going down 1-0 at home to Sutton United.
James Brophy and Dale Gorman impressed off the bench, however, with the latter curling an effort against the crossbar on the stroke of full time.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, right-back Myles Judd had a tricky second half, and so Edinburgh is facing a tough decision over who he picks in his starting XI at York Road.
Discussing the knocks picked up against Sutton, the O’s head coach said: “A couple have bangs, but the substitutes we made were just looking to try and inject a bit of tempo to the game.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
“Brophy gave us a little bit and Dale hit the crossbar and we were looking to try and do something to get us back into it.”
Unfortunately it didn’t work as Orient suffered a 1-0 loss, but has the cameo displays of Brophy and Gorman earned them a starting berth against the Magpies?
All will be revealed at around 2pm today as O’s look to begin another lengthy unbeaten run.