Team News: Maidstone United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Crystal Palace loanee Levi Lumeka is not available for the O’s
Leyton Orient will be without Levi Lumeka and Joe Widdowson for today’s FA Cup fourth qualifying round tie at Maidstone United.
Defender Widdowson will serve the first of a three-match ban following the red card he picked up during the stalemate at home to Hartlepool United last weekend.
He will be a big miss for the O’s after starting the campaign with a string of consistent displays, but it should offer Sam Ling an opportunity to impress, albeit out of position.
Meanwhile for Lumeka, his frustrating loan spell with Orient continues with parent club Crystal Palace not giving the wide-man permission to play in the tie.
You may also want to watch:
The young winger has struggled for opportunities since moving to E10 and although he struck twice in a recent behind closed doors match with Barnet, his all-round game is lacking compared to Jobi McAnuff, James Dayton, Josh Koroma and James Brophy.
It means even if Lumeka had been available for this afternoon, he still probably would not have been selected in the starting XI.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
Yet whoever head coach Justin Edinburgh picks at the Gallagher Stadium, the Orient manager will back them to send O’s into the first round proper.
Speaking after the Hartlepool game, he said: “All of the decisions are difficult regarding every player in the team.
“Ling come off the bench, and he hadn’t played for a little while, and he was excellent.
“We had to be mindful of the fact (Myles) ‘Juddy’ was on a booking and we didn’t know what the referee was going to do, so we had to take it out of his hands because he couldn’t be trusted on the day
“And like I said in my programme notes, this squad is only as good as the people who don’t play and everyone who come on against Hartlepool affected the game.”