Team News: Maidstone United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Justin Edinburgh is set to recall his match winner from last weekend
Matt Harrold is set to earn a recall for Leyton Orient’s trip to Maidstone United in the National League this afternoon.
The 33-year-old was given a rest last weekend and dropped to the bench at Haringey Borough with David Mooney starting from the off.
Harrold was summoned in the 79th minute though and scored with his first touch to earn O’s a 2-1 win.
It continued the ex-Crawley Town strikers encouraging form under new boss Justin Edinburgh with the forward netting in the 4-1 win over Sutton United on December 9.
You may also want to watch:
Another decision for the Orient head coach to make is whether to recall right-back Jake Caprice after his suspension ended last Saturday.
Myles Judd has filled in since the former Woking defender saw red at Torquay United and largely impressed.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
Judd struggled at Solihull Moors earlier this month, but was excellent against Sutton and recovered from a shaky start at Haringey.
Edinburgh must now decide whether to stick with the teenager or recall Caprice, who in recent months has failed to hit the heights he achieved during August and September.
Over than the aforementioned changes, Orient are likely to be unchanged from the side which beat Haringey 2-1.
Bondz N’Gala is set to part Josh Coulson at the heart of O’s defence with Coulson making his first league start since September 23 while N’Gala will play his last game before his loan from Dagenham & Redbridge expires.