Team News: Mansfield Town v Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Jay Simpson and Alex Cisak could return to the starting team at Field Mill
Leyton Orient are likely to welcome Jay Simpson and Alex Cisak back for the trip to Mansfield Town today (Saturday) in League Two.
The pair missed the draw with Scunthorpe United last weekend, but after resuming training it is expected they will be picked by head coach Ian Hendon this afternoon.
Cole Kpekawa and John Marquis are back again after they were unavailable against the Iron, but the former is expected to be on the substitute’s bench.
Marquis could well partner Simpson up top if the O’s decide to give Ollie Palmer a break from the starting team.
You may also want to watch:
Palmer will be up against his old club, however, so could be given another chance to show he can score goals at Field Mill today.
Sammy Moore is unavailable for the clash against the Stags alongside Paul McCallum and Dean Cox – both out long term.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
This match could also come too quickly for Connor Essam, who hasn’t played since October 31.
Jobi McAnuff impressed against Scunthorpe last Saturday and will hope that is enough to see him retain his place in the starting team.
A victory for the east Londoners will result in them moving up from eighth and back into the play-off places.