Team News: MK Dons v Leyton Orient
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Ian Hendon expected to make some changes for Capital One Cup clash
Leyton Orient have been open all summer about their desire to do well in the league, which means the cup matches take a back sit.
Therefore it is expected head coach Ian Hendon will make some changes to his team for tonight’s Capital One Cup clash with Championship outfit MK Dons.
O’s won’t be weak at stadiummk, though, with pre-season signings Alan Dunne, Blair Turgott and Ollie Palmer expected to make their full, competitive debuts for the club.
Orient played two Championship teams during the summer and lost on both occasions to Middlesbrough (3-1) and Huddersfield Town (2-0), but they were close games and the same type of match is expected against the Dons with them likely to make changes too.
You may also want to watch:
The memory of last season’s 6-1 drubbing will be in the mind of some players from last year and with Alex Cisak expected to start in goal, he’ll be determined not to ship six again.
Although the O’s are now two divisions below MK Dons, the expectation is that they will perform better this evening than they did back on April 18 when they were beaten by a five-goal margin.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague
That is down to Hendon and co instilling a new found togetherness in the squad and recruiting well in the summer. Despite the challenge tonight being tough, Orient will be confident of putting in a determined display.