Team News: Newport County v Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Blair Turgott pushing to start after impressive display on Tuesday against Stevenage
Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon has a tough decision to make over what team he picks at Newport County this afternoon after two of his substitutes impressed in the 3-0 win against Stevenage on Tuesday night.
Ollie Palmer and Blair Turgott were introduced against Borough and both found the net to stake a claim for a starting berth today (Saturday).
Alan Dunne also came on at Brisbane Road but is an injury doubt and faces a late fitness test to see if he is involved at Rodney Parade.
Turgott will definitely be pushing to make the starting XI against the Exiles, though, and O’s boss knows he has a tough decision to make.
You may also want to watch:
Hendon said: “Everyone is champing at the bit to be involved and get in the team and when the substitutes come on and do what they did against Stevenage, they start to give you a little bit of a selection headache.
“That is exactly what I want. All the lads in the changing room, no matter what team I pick, will all support each other and we all want the same thing. Competition is very good at the moment.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Although Turgott and Palmer scored midweek, Orient’s head coach may well name the same team that has started their three previous league matches.