Team News: Newport County vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The O’s without Gavin Massey for crucial League Two fixture in Wales
Leyton Orient will be without Gavin Massey for the clash with fellow League Two strugglers Newport County later today.
The winger, who has scored eight times for O’s this season, is suspended after picking up 10 bookings.
Massey received a caution on Tuesday night against Stevenage and will now sit out Orient’s next two games.
O’s boss Danny Webb said: “It is disappointing to lose Gavin, but it is a chance for another one of the youngsters to step up and learn a few more things.”
You may also want to watch:
Victor Adeboyejo is a potential option to replace the attacker while Rowan Liburd is available for selection.
Loanee Liburd missed the 4-1 defeat to Stevenage because he was unable to face his parent club.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Webb is set to be without Yvan Erichot while Tom Parkes continues to struggle with hip bruising.
Therefore Michael Clark may retain his position at the heart of Orient’s defence and partner Nicky Hunt again.
Webb could hand Freddy Moncur a start after his positive impact on Tuesday at Broadhall Way.
The young midfielder replaced Sammy Moore after an hour and will look to make his full league debut today.
Nigel Atangana missed the midweek defeat with a tight groin and may only be fit enough to take up a place on the bench.
Orient continued to be without Liam Kelly with this set to be the fourth match of his six-game suspension.
Robbie Weir remains unavailable as he continues to recover from anterior cruciate ligament damage to his knee.