Team News: Newport County vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The O’s without Gavin Massey for crucial League Two fixture in Wales
Leyton Orient will be without Gavin Massey for the clash with fellow League Two strugglers Newport County later today.
The winger, who has scored eight times for O’s this season, is suspended after picking up 10 bookings.
Massey received a caution on Tuesday night against Stevenage and will now sit out Orient’s next two games.
O’s boss Danny Webb said: “It is disappointing to lose Gavin, but it is a chance for another one of the youngsters to step up and learn a few more things.”
You may also want to watch:
Victor Adeboyejo is a potential option to replace the attacker while Rowan Liburd is available for selection.
Loanee Liburd missed the 4-1 defeat to Stevenage because he was unable to face his parent club.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green
Webb is set to be without Yvan Erichot while Tom Parkes continues to struggle with hip bruising.
Therefore Michael Clark may retain his position at the heart of Orient’s defence and partner Nicky Hunt again.
Webb could hand Freddy Moncur a start after his positive impact on Tuesday at Broadhall Way.
The young midfielder replaced Sammy Moore after an hour and will look to make his full league debut today.
Nigel Atangana missed the midweek defeat with a tight groin and may only be fit enough to take up a place on the bench.
Orient continued to be without Liam Kelly with this set to be the fourth match of his six-game suspension.
Robbie Weir remains unavailable as he continues to recover from anterior cruciate ligament damage to his knee.