Team News: Oxford United v Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Jobi McAnuff set to start against the Yellows this afternoon
Jobi McAnuff is set to return to the Leyton Orient starting team for the clash with Oxford United today (Saturday).
The Jamaican come off the bench against Luton Town last weekend, but couldn’t stop the O’s losing 1-0 at Brisbane Road.
It is expected that Kevin Nolan will include the 34-year-old from the off at the Kassam Stadium.
Shaun Brisley isn’t likely to feature against the Yellows and Nicky Hunt could partner captain Mathieu Baudry in the heart of defence with Sean Clohessy at right-back.
You may also want to watch:
Armand Gnanduillet may be alongside Jay Simpson up front with Ollie Palmer on the bench, but young goalkeeper Charlie Grainger is ruled out through injury.
Crystal Palace loanee David Gregory should be among the replacements for the pivotal clash in League Two.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Orient are eighth in the table and outside of the play-off positions on goal difference, but they’ll hope to keep up their impressive away from under Nolan.
They’ve won three times on the road since he took over in January and drew 2-2 at Carlisle United last time out.
And the match at the Kassam Stadium will bring back memories of O’s promotion in the 2005/06 campaign.
On the final day of that season, Orient won 3-2 at Oxford United and in the process secured their promotion from the division. They will hope to be celebrating again come the full time whistle today.