Team News: Portsmouth vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Sammy Moore set to make his first appearance for O’s this season
Sammy Moore could make his first appearance of the season for Leyton Orient after returning from his loan spell at Dover Athletic this week.
The midfielder exited Brisbane Road temporarily in August to link up with the National League club.
After a successful spell with the Whites, Moore is back at O’s and ready to play his part in helping them beat the drop.
Initially the 29-year-old wasn’t expected to feature at Portsmouth, but Edwards confirmed yesterday he was eligible to play.
Moore is likely to line up alongside Nigel Atangana and Michael Collins at Fratton Park this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Sammy knows what it is all about and knows this level. He has been out to Dover and played lots of games, so he comes back match fit,” said Edwards.
“Liam Kelly is injured so we are missing him at Portsmouth, but I’m hoping he is only a month away now.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
“Obviously he needs to get his match fitness then, but we’re hoping he is not too far away from coming back.”
Although Kelly and O’s captain Robbie Weir will miss the Pompey clash, the only other absentee is first-year scholar Sam Dalby.
The 17-year-old striker scored on his debut against Crawley Town on Boxing Day, but hasn’t played since the New Year’s Eve draw with Cambridge United due to an ankle problem.
Edwards added: “Sandro Semedo is fine and Sam Dalby won’t be available for this weekend, but hopefully we’ll have him fit to face Morecambe. Obvious Robbie is out for the season, which is a massive blow, but that is it.”
With Moore and Semedo available, it is expected Yvan Erichot and Josh Koroma could drop to the bench at Fratton Park.
Teddy Mezague would then go back into his usual centre back role alongside Tom Parkes and Orient may play a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Alex Cisak, Nigel Atangana and Paul McCallum are set to come up against their former club today.
Meanwhile Ollie Palmer will have motivation to beat Portsmouth with all of his family big Southampton supporters.
Last season the O’s earned a 1-0 win at Fratton Park, but they can expect a tougher test this time around.