Team News: Southend United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Robbie Weir could get opportunity to impress at Roots Hall
Leyton Orient captain Robbie Weir looks set to feature at Southend United tonight in the English Football League Trophy.
The O’s skipper received a straight red card last Tuesday after just 20 seconds at home to League Two leaders Plymouth Argyle.
Although the east Londoners appealed against the decision, the FA failed to overturn the harsh sending-off.
While Weir is unable to play in the league, he can feature at Roots Hall this evening and will look to impress.
You may also want to watch:
Alberto Cavasin is set to take charge of his first match as Orient manager after his appointment on Sunday evening.
The likes of Sam Sargeant, Aron Pollock, Zan Benedicic and Ulrich Nnomo could all get an opportunity against the Blues.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
Orient will be forced to play at least five players that started Saturday’s goalless draw with Barnet due to EFL Trophy rules.
With Andy Hessenthaler in charge last time out, the O’s defeated Stevenage 3-1 to top the Southern Group G standings and Southend are second after beating Brighton & Hove Albion on August 30.
David Mooney scored for the Blues in the 2-0 win, but is likely to only be on the bench this evening against his old club.