Teddy Mezague signs for Leyton Orient, but Barnet’s Luke Gambin rejects switch to Brisbane Road
- Credit: Archant
French ace moves to east London but unable to play until start of 2017 at least because of achilles problem
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of French defender Teddy Mezague on a three-year deal.
The cental defender began his career with Montpellier, progressing through their youth academy before moving to Mouscron-Peruwelz.
Mouscron were playing in the Jupiler Pro League last season and finished 14th in the standings.
Mezague is the second player from the Belgium First Division to move to O’s in the summer transfer window.
You may also want to watch:
Yvan Erichot made the switch from Sint-Truiden in July and has been a regular under Andy Hessenthaler, although struggled so far.
Orient were in desperate need of more cover at the back, but this transfer is subject to international clearance.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
Another problem O’s have is that Mezague isn’t set to feature for his new club until 2017 because of an achilles problem.
It is far from idea for Hessenthaler and his coaching staff and they also received bad news this morning when it was revealed Luke Gambin has turned down a move to Brisbane Road.
Barnet accepted an offer in excess of £100,000 for the midfielder on Saturday evening and confirmed the news in a statement.
This morning they revealed the 23-year-old has rejected a switch to east London because he wants to play higher than League Two.