Teen fatally stabbed in East End street attack
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street. Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday). Cops and paramedics
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday).
Cops and paramedics rushed to the scene and found the man who had suffered multiple stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers believe they know who the victim is but await formal identification. Not all of the man's next of kin have been informed yet.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination is expected to take place today (Monday) at Poplar mortuary.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested at his home in Tower Hamlets in connection with the murder and is in custody at an east London police station where he is being questioned.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
Officers for the homicide and serious crime unit have set up an incident room in Barking.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.