Teen fatally stabbed in East End street attack
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street. Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday). Cops and paramedics
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday).
Cops and paramedics rushed to the scene and found the man who had suffered multiple stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers believe they know who the victim is but await formal identification. Not all of the man's next of kin have been informed yet.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination is expected to take place today (Monday) at Poplar mortuary.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested at his home in Tower Hamlets in connection with the murder and is in custody at an east London police station where he is being questioned.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Officers for the homicide and serious crime unit have set up an incident room in Barking.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.