Teen fatally stabbed in East End street attack
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street. Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday). Cops and paramedics
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday).
Cops and paramedics rushed to the scene and found the man who had suffered multiple stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers believe they know who the victim is but await formal identification. Not all of the man's next of kin have been informed yet.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination is expected to take place today (Monday) at Poplar mortuary.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested at his home in Tower Hamlets in connection with the murder and is in custody at an east London police station where he is being questioned.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Officers for the homicide and serious crime unit have set up an incident room in Barking.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.