Teen fatally stabbed in East End street attack
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street. Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday). Cops and paramedics
A TEENAGER has been found stabbed to death in an East End street.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the 18-year-old was found lying on the ground by a passer-by in Devons Road, Bow at 6.40pm yesterday evening (Sunday).
Cops and paramedics rushed to the scene and found the man who had suffered multiple stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers believe they know who the victim is but await formal identification. Not all of the man's next of kin have been informed yet.
A post mortem examination is expected to take place today (Monday) at Poplar mortuary.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested at his home in Tower Hamlets in connection with the murder and is in custody at an east London police station where he is being questioned.
- 1 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 2 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 5 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 6 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 7 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
Officers for the homicide and serious crime unit have set up an incident room in Barking.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.