Teenage entrepreneur joins Richard Branson on international business trip
A teenage entrepreneur jetted off on a four-day business trip to India with transport and media mogul Sir Richard Branson this week.
Kiran Yoliswa, the 18-year-old founder of e-commerce fashion site Styled By Africa, accompanied the business magnate on a trip designed to forge international trade links between India and the UK.
Other business leaders, and officials from the government’s UK Trade and Investment department, joined the delegation, which visited Delhi and Mumbai.
The event was organised by Virgin Media Pioneers, a programme set up by Sir Richard’s Virgin business empire to champion young British businesspeople.
Sir Richard Branson, pioneer-at-large at Virgin Media Pioneers, said: “The entrepreneurs of today will be the job creators of tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
“The UK is full of gifted and enterprising people so we must help encourage them to fulfil their potential and prevent a lost generation of talent.”
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin