Teenage entrepreneur joins Richard Branson on international business trip
A teenage entrepreneur jetted off on a four-day business trip to India with transport and media mogul Sir Richard Branson this week.
Kiran Yoliswa, the 18-year-old founder of e-commerce fashion site Styled By Africa, accompanied the business magnate on a trip designed to forge international trade links between India and the UK.
Other business leaders, and officials from the government’s UK Trade and Investment department, joined the delegation, which visited Delhi and Mumbai.
The event was organised by Virgin Media Pioneers, a programme set up by Sir Richard’s Virgin business empire to champion young British businesspeople.
Sir Richard Branson, pioneer-at-large at Virgin Media Pioneers, said: “The entrepreneurs of today will be the job creators of tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
“The UK is full of gifted and enterprising people so we must help encourage them to fulfil their potential and prevent a lost generation of talent.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival