Teenage girl and man killed in horror crash on Isle of Dogs
- Credit: MPS
A teenage girl and a man in his 20s have been killed in east London in a horror road crash on the Isle of Dogs.
They died in a collision between a BMW car and a van at 5.25am yesterday at Marsh Wall, near Canary Wharf, at the junction with Manchester Road.
Police and London’s Air Ambulance from Whitechapel were called to the scene, along with the Fire Brigade and Ambulance Service.
The car driver, a 23-year-old man, died instantly.
An 18-year-old girl in the back of the car was also pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed, but policed are still waiting for formal identification.
A passenger in the front, a 23-year-old man, was taken to hospital with a broken arm. The driver of the van was not injured.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Officers from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating. Enquiries into the circumstances of the incident continue, Scotland Yard said today.
Police are appealing to witnesses who were in March Wall around 5.25am yesterday or anyone with information to call 020-8597 4874.