Teenage motorcyclist killed in Isle of Dogs crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was killed in a crash on Saturday afternoon.
Officers were called to the junction of Westferry Road and Napier Avenue on the Isle of Dogs around 4.30pm where a motorbike was in collision with a car.
The motorcyclist, a 19-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Officers say they know who he is and have informed his next of kin but await formal identification.
A post-mortem examination is due to be held later today (Monday) at Poplar Mortuary.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Cops are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact the road death investigation unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory