Teenage motorcyclist killed in Isle of Dogs crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was killed in a crash on Saturday afternoon.
Officers were called to the junction of Westferry Road and Napier Avenue on the Isle of Dogs around 4.30pm where a motorbike was in collision with a car.
The motorcyclist, a 19-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Officers say they know who he is and have informed his next of kin but await formal identification.
A post-mortem examination is due to be held later today (Monday) at Poplar Mortuary.
No arrests have been made.
Cops are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact the road death investigation unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute