Teenage motorcyclist killed in Isle of Dogs crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was killed in a crash on Saturday afternoon.
Officers were called to the junction of Westferry Road and Napier Avenue on the Isle of Dogs around 4.30pm where a motorbike was in collision with a car.
The motorcyclist, a 19-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Officers say they know who he is and have informed his next of kin but await formal identification.
A post-mortem examination is due to be held later today (Monday) at Poplar Mortuary.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Cops are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact the road death investigation unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window