Teenage motorcyclist killed in Isle of Dogs crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was killed in a crash on Saturday afternoon.
Officers were called to the junction of Westferry Road and Napier Avenue on the Isle of Dogs around 4.30pm where a motorbike was in collision with a car.
The motorcyclist, a 19-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Officers say they know who he is and have informed his next of kin but await formal identification.
A post-mortem examination is due to be held later today (Monday) at Poplar Mortuary.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Cops are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact the road death investigation unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant