Teenager hospitalised after being struck by car in Mile End
- Credit: Tfl
A teenager who was struck by a car in the early hours of this morning is in a serious condition at an east London hospital.
Police were called to Mile End Road, on the junction with Burdett Road, Mile End, at 00.13 this morning to reports of a collision between a pedestrian and a car.
A Police spokesman said: “Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found a man, believed aged 19, collapsed.
“He was treated at the scene by LAS before being taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but non life-threatening condition.
“The driver of the car stopped at the scene and is assisting police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made. Enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Road closures are currently in place.
Police urge anyone with information regarding the incident to call them on 101.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact