Teenagers killed as sports car smashes into tree
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a road smash in which two teenagers were killed in East London early yesterday (Sunday). Their car careered out of control into a tree along Aldersbrook Road in Leytonstone at about 2.15pm, near the junction with Herongate Road
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a road smash in which two teenagers were killed in East London early yesterday (Sunday).
Their car careered out of control into a tree along Aldersbrook Road in Leytonstone at about 2.15pm, near the junction with Herongate Road.
An emergency fire crew was brought in to free the two 18-year-old passengers trapped in the wrecked Lexus IS200 sports car.
DRIVER IN HOSPITAL
You may also want to watch:
But the two died at the scene, despite paramedics battling to save them, Scotland Yard confirmed today. Next of kin have been informed, but police were still waiting for formal identification ahead of today’s post-mortem at East Ham mortuary.
The 19-year-old driver and a third 18-year-old passenger were taken by ambulances to hospital in East London, both in a stable condition.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
Police are asking anyone who saw what happened in Aldersbrook Road at 2.15am Sunday (June 14) or anyone with information to call Chadwell Heath investigation unit on 020-8597 4874.
A youth of 19 was later arrested in connection with the accident, who is now bailed to return to police in September.