Teenagers killed as sports car smashes into tree
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a road smash in which two teenagers were killed in East London early yesterday (Sunday). Their car careered out of control into a tree along Aldersbrook Road in Leytonstone at about 2.15pm, near the junction with Herongate Road
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a road smash in which two teenagers were killed in East London early yesterday (Sunday).
Their car careered out of control into a tree along Aldersbrook Road in Leytonstone at about 2.15pm, near the junction with Herongate Road.
An emergency fire crew was brought in to free the two 18-year-old passengers trapped in the wrecked Lexus IS200 sports car.
DRIVER IN HOSPITAL
You may also want to watch:
But the two died at the scene, despite paramedics battling to save them, Scotland Yard confirmed today. Next of kin have been informed, but police were still waiting for formal identification ahead of today’s post-mortem at East Ham mortuary.
The 19-year-old driver and a third 18-year-old passenger were taken by ambulances to hospital in East London, both in a stable condition.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 8 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
Police are asking anyone who saw what happened in Aldersbrook Road at 2.15am Sunday (June 14) or anyone with information to call Chadwell Heath investigation unit on 020-8597 4874.
A youth of 19 was later arrested in connection with the accident, who is now bailed to return to police in September.