Tell us your London marathon stories
- Credit: Archant
Runners are limbering up to pound the pavements during Sunday’s London Marathon.
The gruelling 26.2 mile race, which is now in its 32nd year, will see 35,000 runners pass through Limehouse, Poplar and Canary Wharf.
Double Olympic and world champion Mo Farah will be making his debut in the 26.2 mile race.
Closer to home, Catherine Mclaughlin, from Bow, will be competing in her first marathon, and Mel McClure, also from Bow, and Simeon Bennett, from Hackney, will both be running the London marathon for the sixth time.
We’d love to hear about your marathon stories, whether you’re raising money for a worthwhile cause or just doing it for fun.
You may also want to watch:
Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call 020 8477 3789.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto