Two held on ‘suspect terrorism’ charges after police raids in east London
- Credit: MPS
Two me have been arrested at addresses in east London on suspicion of terrorism-related offenses.
Searches are going on at the addresses and at commercial premises, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
A 27-year-old man was detained under the 2000 Terrorism Act accused of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
A second man aged 21 was arrested at a separate east London address on suspicion of encouraging terrorism and disseminating terrorist publications.
Both men were being held in police custody in south London.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have been carrying out searches at three east London premises while the investigation continues.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff