Tesco plans district with shops and school in Tower Hamlets
PLANS for a major new district centre in London s East End have been put forward by Tesco. The multi-million pound project by the supermarket giant is centred on and around the site of the existing Tesco superstore by the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in
PLANS for a major new district centre in London's East End have been put forward by Tesco.
The multi-million pound project by the supermarket giant is centred on and around the site of the existing Tesco superstore by the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in Bromley-by-Bow.
Under the plans the current supermarket on the site will be relocated but will remain open until the new Tesco Extra opens.
The scheme also includes 19 other shops, a primary school, park, hotel, over 400 homes, a gym, and cafes. The scheme is expected to create 200 new jobs on the land owned by Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
There also plans to upgrade bus connections between the site and the rest of Bromley-by-Bow.
If planning permission is granted Tesco will complete its new store in time for the 2012 London Olympics with construction work starting in 2010. The rest of the development will follow in stages.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
The plans have been created to fit in with the master plan for the area by the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation.