Transport for London proposals would see RV1 withdrawn, 100 restructured and 205 and 388 bus services reduced
- Credit: Archant
Transport for London has proposed getting rid of the RV1 bus, and changing the 205, 100, and 388 services.
As part of an overhaul to the central London bus network, TfL is proposing to restructure and change the frequency of 33 routes, in a bid to make underused services more efficient and tackle air pollution.
The 388 and 205 would see their routes curtailed, and frequency of services reduced. The RV1 would be withdrawn, and the 100 would be restructured.
The 388 goes from Stratford to Elephant and Castle, the 205 goes from Paddington to Bow, the 100 from the Museum of London to Shadwell, and the RV1 from Covent Garden to Tower Gateway.
TfL’s Geoff Hobbs said: “It is only right that we reassess the network after the significant changes in London’s infrastructure and how Londoners choose to travel.
You may also want to watch:
“Our proposals would modernise bus travel by matching capacity with demand, reducing bus-on-bus congestion while enabling year-on-year increases in bus services in outer London.
“These changes, which are predominately minor route restructures or timetable adjustments, would create an efficient modern network.”
To have your say on proposals, visit tfl.gov.uk/central-London-bus-consultation. The consultation closes on November 9, with changes coming in from spring 2019.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning