The East London Football Podcast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Leyton Orient are hoping to be crowned National League champions and end their two year exile from the Football League when they host Braintree Town on Saturday.
Justin Edinburgh’s O’s stretched three points clear at the top of the table over the Easter Weekend with a 2-0 win over Harrogate Town and a 0-0 draw with title rivals Solihull Moors.
West Ham United look to become the first side to beat Tottenham Hotspur at their new home or even become the first opposition to score.
Boss Manuel Pellegrini and his side will look to build on their 2-2 draw with Leicester City at the London Stadium last weekend.
Dagenham & Redbridge will be keen to end the National League season on a high note by causing an upset against the Moors.
You may also want to watch:
Daggers picked up a 2-0 victory over Eastleigh on Good Friday before making wholesale changes to suffer a 2-0 defeat to relegated Braintree Town.
All this, and other matters, are discussed in this week’s East London Football podcast, with host Matt Withers joined by George Sessions, Dave Evans, and Jacob Ranson.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt