O’s teen Kyprianou selected in LFE’s ‘The 11’
- Credit: Archant
The midfielder follows in the footsteps of Sam Dalby and Toby Stevenson in being recognised for his good work on and off the pitch
Talented Leyton Orient youth-teamer Hector Kyprianou has been named in the latest League Football Education’s ‘The 11’ and in the process follows the achievements of some former team-mates.
The quarterly award, which runs in line with the review periods at college – October, December, February and May – acknowledges the football and academic progress of under-18s on apprenticeships at current or former Football League sides.
It is also designed to assess other factors, including involvement in community or charity-based initatves.
This accolade celebrates the holistic development of young players, a barometer which is also applied to the LFE Apprentice of the Year Awards presented at The EFL Awards dinner in April.
You may also want to watch:
In the past, players like England under-20 World Cup winner Ademola Lookman have been selected alongside Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Lewis Cook, now of AFC Bournemouth.
Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon has also been included in ‘The 11’ before and so have a couple of ex-Orient teenagers in recent times.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Earlier in 2018, Toby Stevenson, formerly of O’s academy, was named in the team for the February while the year before Sam Dalby, now of Leeds United, was part of ‘The 11’.
This is a great achievement for Kyprianou, who is highly rated by Orient and has done well for the under-18s over the past 12 months.
He has also recently caught the eye during loan spells with Bostik Premier sides Harlow Town and Bishop’s Stortford.
Regional Officer Gavin Willacy said: “Hector has impressed all the staff at Leyton Orient and Waltham Forest College with his attitude to learning and desire to improve on and off the field.”
LFE chief executive Sarah Stephen added: “The 11 is directly associated with apprentice reviews that are conducted by our regional officers throughout the season.
“It is a great way to highlight the achievements and progression of talented young footballers who apply themselves to all aspects of their apprenticeship.”
The 11 – October 2018:
Luke Rowe (Coventry City)
Matt O’Riley (Fulham)
Hector Kyprianou (Leyton Orient)
Max Culverwell (Notts County)
Frazer Garner (Peterborough United)
Tyrone Lewthwaite (Rotherham United)
Isaac Rice (Sheffield Wednesday)
Arthur Iontton (Stevenage)
Sonny Haynes (Swindon Town)
Nick Long (Tranmere Rovers)
Gabriel Rogers (Yeovil Town)