The Lost Lectures brings a new form of debating to Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Ruby Wax will be donning metaphorical boxing gloves and take to the ring against a Cambridge professor, pickpocket and a leading feminist, among others, later this month.
Billed as a ‘lost lecture’, it is the next in a series of underground lectures that try to transform the genre into a more social experience.
Previous locations have been abandoned swimming pools in Berlin and tobacco docks in London, but the next one arrives at a historic boxing hall in Tower Hamlets on November 22 and 23 - although the precise location remains a secret until nearer the time.
The line-up offers an eclectic mix from different walks of life, talking about what makes them tick, including Lauren Pears, the entrepreneur behind Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium, the UK’s first cat cafe that is launching in Shoreditch.
Meanwhile beatboxer Reeps One will be performing alongside more entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
For more info visit thelostlectures.com.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block