The Royal London Hospital opens its doors
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital will open its doors to the public next week giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre. Vis
THE Royal London Hospital will open its doors to the public next week giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre.
Visitors will be given a tour of Barts and the London Trust's new Centre of the Cell on Wednesday (16) as part of the Whitechapel hospital's open day.
The science centre, the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories, is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
The open day from noon until 3.30pm will also give visitors tips on how to achieve a healthier lifestyle and provide information on the trust's building project.
You may also want to watch:
An array of historic photographs from the trust's archives will also be on display to mark the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War and the role of the trust's hospitals in maintaining health services during the Blitz.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic