The Royal London Hospital opens its doors
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital will open its doors to the public next week giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre. Vis
THE Royal London Hospital will open its doors to the public next week giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre.
Visitors will be given a tour of Barts and the London Trust's new Centre of the Cell on Wednesday (16) as part of the Whitechapel hospital's open day.
The science centre, the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories, is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
The open day from noon until 3.30pm will also give visitors tips on how to achieve a healthier lifestyle and provide information on the trust's building project.
You may also want to watch:
An array of historic photographs from the trust's archives will also be on display to mark the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War and the role of the trust's hospitals in maintaining health services during the Blitz.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival