The Royal London Hospital opens its doors
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital will open its doors to the public next week giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre. Vis
THE Royal London Hospital will open its doors to the public next week giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre.
Visitors will be given a tour of Barts and the London Trust's new Centre of the Cell on Wednesday (16) as part of the Whitechapel hospital's open day.
The science centre, the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories, is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
The open day from noon until 3.30pm will also give visitors tips on how to achieve a healthier lifestyle and provide information on the trust's building project.
An array of historic photographs from the trust's archives will also be on display to mark the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War and the role of the trust's hospitals in maintaining health services during the Blitz.
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'