The search is on for the fastest young runners in Tower Hamlets for the mini-marathon.
The fastest young runners in Tower Hamlets could bring sporting glory to the borough by competing in the London Mini-Marathon on April 17.
Tower Hamlets council is hunting for the top athletes, aged 11 to 17, to run the last three miles of the London marathon on the same day as the full 26-mile race.
Trials will be held on February 17 at Victoria Park Harriers Club House at Cadogan Terrace to find runners in three age categories - under-13s, under-15s and under-17s.
The fastest boys and girls, made up of anyone who lives or studies in Tower Hamlets, will then take on the 33 other London boroughs on the race day.
The council’s Sports Development Team and the Victoria Park athletics club will provide training sessions for youngsters that get through the trials, taking place for seven weeks at Mile End Stadium on Tuesday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Registration for the trials starts at 12.30pm and races start at 1.00 pm for the youngest group, 1.30pm for the middle category and 2.00 pm for the eldest group.
For an application form and further details contact Shenneth Brereton, Sports Development Officer on 0207 364 2437 or 07956 456 725.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 9 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 10 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family