The search is on for the fastest young runners in Tower Hamlets for the mini-marathon.
The fastest young runners in Tower Hamlets could bring sporting glory to the borough by competing in the London Mini-Marathon on April 17.
Tower Hamlets council is hunting for the top athletes, aged 11 to 17, to run the last three miles of the London marathon on the same day as the full 26-mile race.
Trials will be held on February 17 at Victoria Park Harriers Club House at Cadogan Terrace to find runners in three age categories - under-13s, under-15s and under-17s.
The fastest boys and girls, made up of anyone who lives or studies in Tower Hamlets, will then take on the 33 other London boroughs on the race day.
The council’s Sports Development Team and the Victoria Park athletics club will provide training sessions for youngsters that get through the trials, taking place for seven weeks at Mile End Stadium on Tuesday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Registration for the trials starts at 12.30pm and races start at 1.00 pm for the youngest group, 1.30pm for the middle category and 2.00 pm for the eldest group.
For an application form and further details contact Shenneth Brereton, Sports Development Officer on 0207 364 2437 or 07956 456 725.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow