Stepney-born The Who and Small Faces drummer Kenney Jones to recount life in rock and roll
- Credit: Ash Communications
Sex, drugs and rock and roll are recounted with brutal honesty as former The Who drummer Kenney Jones takes the stage for an intimate interview.
Stepney-born Jones recounts the highs and lows of the Swinging Sixties and 50 years of the Small Faces at audio and music show Festival of Sound.
The 69-year-old is expected to spend the hour-long session with his former record producer, Chris Kemsey, chatting about heady days, losing friends and the artists he admires today.
It’s a real privilege and a personal delight of mine to have Kenney Jones at Festival of Sound this year,” said organiser Vernon Hamblin.
“To say he is a legend is an understatement. “I’m sure his fans and our music-loving visitors to the event will not want to miss his session. We’re in for a real treat.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place in hotel Novotel, Hammersmith, between 3.30pm and 4.30pm on Friday, September 28.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window