Thousands descend on Royal London Hospital for open day
by Gemma Collins THOUSANDS of visitors descended on the Royal London yesterday to find out more about the hospital and its new science centre. The hospital in Whitechapel
THOUSANDS of visitors descended on the Royal London yesterday to find out more about the hospital and its new science centre.
The hospital in Whitechapel saw record numbers come through its doors to hear more about its services as well as have a peek at the new Barts and the London Trust's Centre of the Cell.
The science centre - the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories - is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
Visitors were also shown around the rest of the hospital buildings and given the chance to apply for nursing and health support jobs as well as catering and portering positions.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were also happy to be inundated with visitors wanting to volunteer and fundraise for London's Air Ambulance and Friends of The Royal London Hospital.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs