Thousands expected at funeral of Mile End stab victim Syed Jamanoor Islam
- Credit: Archant
The life of a 20-year-old who was stabbed to death in Mile End will be remembered tomorrow afternoon.
Syed Jamanoor Islam, who was stabbed and attacked by a group of men in Wagner Street on Tuesday, April 11, is expected to be remembered by more than 10,000 people at his funeral.
The former Swanlea Secondary School and Tower Hamlets College student, was rushed to Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but died an hour after being attacked.
Three teenagers have since been charged with murder.
His funeral prayer will take place at East London Mosque, in Whitechapel Road, at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Following the prayers, the body will be taken to the Gardens of Peace Muslim Cemetery, in Elmbridge Road, Hainault, at 3pm.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto