Thousands of East End homes eligible for cash help with winter fuel
More than 5,000 houses in Poplar and Limehouse could be entitled to help with their energy costs this winter, according to new research.
Campaign group Home Heat Helpline reports that as many as 5,400 households in the area could benefit from government funding to help people stay heat their homes in the winter.
MP for Poplar and Limehouse Jim Fitzpatrick is encouraging people to check what help is available to them.
“Anyone in the East End who is concerned about staying warm this winter should see if they can get help to bring the bills down.”
Those households eligible for the scheme receive help equivalent to around �160.
You may also want to watch:
To check eligibility, call the Home Heat Helpline on 0800 33 66 99 or visit www.homeheathelpline.org.uk.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family