Thousands of East End homes eligible for cash help with winter fuel
More than 5,000 houses in Poplar and Limehouse could be entitled to help with their energy costs this winter, according to new research.
Campaign group Home Heat Helpline reports that as many as 5,400 households in the area could benefit from government funding to help people stay heat their homes in the winter.
MP for Poplar and Limehouse Jim Fitzpatrick is encouraging people to check what help is available to them.
“Anyone in the East End who is concerned about staying warm this winter should see if they can get help to bring the bills down.”
Those households eligible for the scheme receive help equivalent to around �160.
To check eligibility, call the Home Heat Helpline on 0800 33 66 99 or visit www.homeheathelpline.org.uk.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 7 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 8 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women