Thousands sign tragic cyclist Chrystelle's petition
A PETITION calling for changes to be made to a notorious road junction where a young cyclist lost her life has attracted more than 2,000 signatures. Beautiful and bubbly Chrystelle Brown, 26, a keen cyclist from Stoke Newington, died after she was invol
A PETITION calling for changes to be made to a notorious road junction where a young cyclist lost her life has attracted more than 2,000 signatures.
"Beautiful and bubbly" Chrystelle Brown, 26, a keen cyclist from Stoke Newington, died after she was involved in a crash with a lorry at the junction of Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road at 6.25am on Wednesday, September 16.
The family of Chrystelle, a fitness instructor in Canary Wharf, have set up an online petition calling for the crossroads to be redesigned and made safer. So far 2,247 people have signed it.
Cousin Kat Hawes said: "We want to ensure that she did not die in vain and are campaigning for the redesign of this junction to prevent further tragic deaths.
You may also want to watch:
"It is renowned throughout the cyclist community as being dangerous, particularly when travelling south down Vallance Road.
"We would like to do everything we can to prevent other families from experiencing a similar tragic loss."
To sign the petition visit http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/save-cyclists-lives.html
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 EFL fixture release: Leyton Orient begin new season away to Salford City