Thousands sign tragic cyclist Chrystelle's petition
A PETITION calling for changes to be made to a notorious road junction where a young cyclist lost her life has attracted more than 2,000 signatures. Beautiful and bubbly Chrystelle Brown, 26, a keen cyclist from Stoke Newington, died after she was invol
A PETITION calling for changes to be made to a notorious road junction where a young cyclist lost her life has attracted more than 2,000 signatures.
"Beautiful and bubbly" Chrystelle Brown, 26, a keen cyclist from Stoke Newington, died after she was involved in a crash with a lorry at the junction of Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road at 6.25am on Wednesday, September 16.
The family of Chrystelle, a fitness instructor in Canary Wharf, have set up an online petition calling for the crossroads to be redesigned and made safer. So far 2,247 people have signed it.
Cousin Kat Hawes said: "We want to ensure that she did not die in vain and are campaigning for the redesign of this junction to prevent further tragic deaths.
You may also want to watch:
"It is renowned throughout the cyclist community as being dangerous, particularly when travelling south down Vallance Road.
"We would like to do everything we can to prevent other families from experiencing a similar tragic loss."
To sign the petition visit http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/save-cyclists-lives.html
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August