Thousands sign tragic cyclist Chrystelle's petition
A PETITION calling for changes to be made to a notorious road junction where a young cyclist lost her life has attracted more than 2,000 signatures. Beautiful and bubbly Chrystelle Brown, 26, a keen cyclist from Stoke Newington, died after she was invol
A PETITION calling for changes to be made to a notorious road junction where a young cyclist lost her life has attracted more than 2,000 signatures.
"Beautiful and bubbly" Chrystelle Brown, 26, a keen cyclist from Stoke Newington, died after she was involved in a crash with a lorry at the junction of Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road at 6.25am on Wednesday, September 16.
The family of Chrystelle, a fitness instructor in Canary Wharf, have set up an online petition calling for the crossroads to be redesigned and made safer. So far 2,247 people have signed it.
Cousin Kat Hawes said: "We want to ensure that she did not die in vain and are campaigning for the redesign of this junction to prevent further tragic deaths.
You may also want to watch:
"It is renowned throughout the cyclist community as being dangerous, particularly when travelling south down Vallance Road.
"We would like to do everything we can to prevent other families from experiencing a similar tragic loss."
To sign the petition visit http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/save-cyclists-lives.html
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park