Thousands watch Cycle champs at Canary Wharf in Pearl Izumi Tour
- Credit: Archant
Cycling fans saw some of Britain’s top riders in action speeding through Canary Wharf for the Pearl Izumi Tour Series.
Thousands turned up to watch Round Eight in the series last Thursday, the fourth time this year that the business district has played host in the prestigious cycle calendar.
Among the riders were double Olympic Champ Ed Clancy, who has already won victory in two rounds, and Olympic Silver medallist Ross Edgar.
Team UK Youth, backed by Formula One World Champion Nigel Mansell, lead the way following Round Seven in Redditch, heading Team Raleigh by five points at the top of the list.
Metaltek Knights of Old rode into Canary Wharf buoyed by their first-ever team victory in the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Top Canary Wharf businesses were also in action in the Corporate Grand Prix, staged as part of Thursday’s events, with 13 teams including Barclays, Clifford Chance and Thomson Reuters. Each corporate rider had a professional partner from the tour series.
The Canary Wharf circuit is one of the fastest on the Tour Series, which is followed tomorrow by Round Nine at Woking. Round 10 is on Thursday at Aylsham in Norfolk and Round 11 on Friday at Ipswich.
- 1 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End