Thousands watch Cycle champs at Canary Wharf in Pearl Izumi Tour
- Credit: Archant
Cycling fans saw some of Britain’s top riders in action speeding through Canary Wharf for the Pearl Izumi Tour Series.
Thousands turned up to watch Round Eight in the series last Thursday, the fourth time this year that the business district has played host in the prestigious cycle calendar.
Among the riders were double Olympic Champ Ed Clancy, who has already won victory in two rounds, and Olympic Silver medallist Ross Edgar.
Team UK Youth, backed by Formula One World Champion Nigel Mansell, lead the way following Round Seven in Redditch, heading Team Raleigh by five points at the top of the list.
Metaltek Knights of Old rode into Canary Wharf buoyed by their first-ever team victory in the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Top Canary Wharf businesses were also in action in the Corporate Grand Prix, staged as part of Thursday’s events, with 13 teams including Barclays, Clifford Chance and Thomson Reuters. Each corporate rider had a professional partner from the tour series.
The Canary Wharf circuit is one of the fastest on the Tour Series, which is followed tomorrow by Round Nine at Woking. Round 10 is on Thursday at Aylsham in Norfolk and Round 11 on Friday at Ipswich.
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 5 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 6 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 7 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 8 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago
- 9 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building
- 10 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl