Three arrested on suspicion of murdering Zdenek Makar in Poplar
- Credit: MPS
Police have arrested three men in connection to the death of Zdenek Makar in the early hours of Thursday morning.
A 16-year-old boy and two men aged 19 were arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday and are currently being held in separate east London police stations.
Zdenek Makar, 31, is believed to have got into an altercation with a group of teenagers inside Perfect Fried Chicken, on East India Dock Road, shortly before he was found lying in a pool of blood by a passing cyclist opposite All Saints station.
A post-mortem, held yesterday, revealed that the Czech national, from Poplar, died from severe head injuries, known as a traumatic subarachnoid haemorrhage.
A police spokesman said: “Detectives continue to appeal for anyone who was in the area who witnessed the events prior to attack or the incident itself.
You may also want to watch:
“They retain an open mind as to the motive for the attack.”
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park